Research Partner Profile
Selected InterventionsStudent Selection and Admissions
• Improve department websites to ensure that all include additional
data, information, and resources necessary for prospective
students to make informed decisions.
• Increase departmental participation in the Diversity Outreach
Collaboration and the Diversity Coordinators Project to produce a
diverse applicant pool for each department/program.
• Review and revise current department/program new student
orientation activities to promote collaboration with the Office of
Graduate Studies and continue orientation activities throughout the
Advising, Mentoring and Research
• Increase faculty contact with students.
• Teach faculty about positive mentoring and the differences
between mentoring and advising.
• Initiate campus-wide efforts to bring students together across
disciplines for academic and social interaction.
Financial Support and Funding Structures
• Increase fellowship funding and connect funding allocations with
department completion/continuation improvement efforts and
• Promote graduate student applications for external fellowships and
provide staff help for proposal development and submission.
• Evaluate with departments the services each provides to graduate
students and determine specific needs and appropriate
• Promote graduate student involvement as a member on campus-
wide or department-wide committees to promote their career
development, campus networking, and connection to the campus.
• Promote faculty and staff participation in conferences and
workshops focused on graduate student services, retention, and
Council of Graduate Schools Ph.D. Completion Project
All rights reserved.