Research Partner Profile
Co-PI and Project Director
InterventionsTracking students who drop out
• Identify students who fail to enroll each quarter. Determine reasons
for non-enrollment and plans for future enrollment.
• Study student data from the past ten years to assess patterns of
attrition versus short-term enrollment gaps.
• Assess the relationship between official leaves of absence,
enrollment and attrition.
Distinguishing the determinants of early versus late attrition
• Assess the extent to which selection criteria as well as other
student characteristics may be related to early attrition.
• Identify the determinants of attrition for students who are almost
finished, but have yet to complete the final hurdle.
Assessment of quality of graduate education program
• Calculate the benefit of Quality of Graduate Education (QGE)
program, and evaluate the impact of specific interventions on
specific programs on campus.
Developing workshops for admissions and program chairs
• Provide informational workshops on diversity to faculty involved in
Council of Graduate Schools Ph.D. Completion Project
All rights reserved.